Douglas Academy is a six year non-denominational, co-educational, comprehensive secondary school which serves the Milngavie, Craigton and Baldernock areas situated to the northwest of Glasgow. We are also a Centre of Excellence offering specialist provision in music for gifted young musicians. We aim to provide an educational experience of the highest quality.
We value our young people and are proud of their many accomplishments. We offer our young people a stimulating and challenging learning and teaching environment and a host of opportunities to achieve in the widest sense.
Our Gaelic school motto is Neart Tre Eolas meaning “Strength through Knowledge”. We wish our young people to develop strength of conviction, strength of purpose and strength of self. We wish them to become knowledgeable about the world and knowledgeable in the world so that when they leave us they are ready to change the world!
A technical note issued to Head Teachers on the condition of EDC schools is available from the quick links below.
The new school charter, extracts from which appear at the top of this page, is available in full on the school information page!
Following the local outbreak of Norovirus we would advise all members of the school community to check the information on the Health Protection Scotland website at http://ow.ly/Z1V0k Pupils showing the norovirus symptoms should not attend school for 48hrs.
Information about the National Improvement Framework is now available from the quick links below!
Tweets From Douglas Academy
- RT @EastDunbPolice: More info regarding laser pens @TheEveningTimes https://t.co/5WUDR3akCc https://t.co/Fn7iuNA228
- We will be arriving in London on Friday lunchtime! Can't wait! https://t.co/xOeMClRQhd
- RT @delfever: Glasgow Botanical Garden glass house #garden #Glasgow #trees #green #lush #scotla #theta360 https://t.co/T24dlhkD6Y
- RT @BooksAddictgirl: “Books are my friends, my companions. They make me laugh and cry and find meaning in life.”— Christopher Paolini, Erag…
- Last day of term! Let the Adventures begin!
- RT @WhatsOnGlasgow: .@BritishJudo: The Glasgow European Judo Open will be held on 15th October at the @EmiratesArena for a fourth year! htt…
- RT @classicpenguins: For Cervantes' 400th anniversary Google created an interactive experience. Discover Cervantes' life and work at: https…
- RT @scottishbktrust: You've got until midnight to enter 50 Word Fiction. Write a story that starts on a bus: https://t.co/oH0PxWHIhL. https…
- RT @MBHerald1: First single from Bear’s Den forthcoming second album was inspired by historic landmark near Milngavie. Read more: https://t…
- RT @MBHerald1: The cars at this year’s Classic Car Show in Milngavie on Saturday, June 18 was DOUBLE last year’s. Read more: https://t.co/2…
Click here for information on the Music School of Douglas Academy