Douglas Academy is a six year non-denominational, co-educational, comprehensive secondary school which serves the Milngavie, Craigton and Baldernock areas situated to the northwest of Glasgow. We are also a Centre of Excellence offering specialist provision in music for gifted young musicians. We aim to provide an educational experience of the highest quality.
We value our young people and are proud of their many accomplishments. We offer our young people a stimulating and challenging learning and teaching environment and a host of opportunities to achieve in the widest sense.
Our Gaelic school motto is Neart Tre Eolas meaning “Strength through Knowledge”. We wish our young people to develop strength of conviction, strength of purpose and strength of self. We wish them to become knowledgeable about the world and knowledgeable in the world so that when they leave us they are ready to change the world!
Unfortunately, our first match of the year in the Aspire Cup on Monday has been cancelled.
Friday is non-uniform day in aid of Mary's Meals: £3 tomorrow is worth £6 to us! http://ow.ly/UQNjo
MILNGAVIE & BEARSDEN HERALD
Education in Milngavie
At Douglas Academy this year, first year pupils have the opportunity to take part in a Local History Elective. This involves pupils learning about local history 1 period a week for a block of around 11 lessons. Pupils will be working closely with Milngavie Heritage Centre to research education in Milngavie culminating in Milngavie Heritage Centre’s exhibition in March 2016. Pupils are also working towards celebrating Douglas Academy’s 50th anniversary in 2017.
If you have any old photographs, ephemera or stories relating to education in Milngavie you would like to share with us, please contact: Mrs Shiona McConnachie: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0141 955 2365
Congratulations to Meera Kaiser, Isla Douglas and Morvern McCulloch who have qualified for the final of the Glasgow Rotary Public Speaking Competition.
Tweets From Douglas Academy
- RT @OfficialSYP: There are so many ways to get involved with #YOYP! Check out this toolkit, and lead your own discussion group. https://t.c…
- Good luck to Jack and Thomas who compete in the Scottish Schools' Fencing tournament tomorrow! https://t.co/3WHfxdENTJ
- Girls' Hockey tournament is ON tomorrow morning as usual: in the event of heavy snow, inside...
- Looking forward to meeting Kirkland Ciccone this morning! https://t.co/w6ad0TMLQ6
- RT @scottishbktrust: 14 brilliant things that can happen in your life when you choose to read books: https://t.co/tgsEQnlgow. https://t.co/…
- RT @Saltire_Society: And the 2015 Publisher of the Year Award goes to @FreightBooks! #SaltireLiterary https://t.co/l9gY28POd8
- RT @ucas_online: Speak to tutors and current students at an open day! Search for open days now https://t.co/Blw6W0kbva https://t.co/L5IcxVI…
- RT @trafficscotland: For anyone still stuck in queues I hope you all get home soon ?? I definitely agree with this cat... #rollonfriday ?? ht…
- RT @ucas_online: The fish finger sarnie – a student staple. Find out what makes the best combo in our app https://t.co/TclThbzXgI https://t…
- RT @verge: The new $5 Pi Zero is as cheap as computers can get https://t.co/SGewpi3PM7 https://t.co/0Yw9gnKRBk
Click here for information on the Music School of Douglas Academy