Douglas Academy is a six year non-denominational, co-educational, comprehensive secondary school which serves the Milngavie, Craigton and Baldernock areas situated to the northwest of Glasgow. We are also a Centre of Excellence offering specialist provision in music for gifted young musicians. We aim to provide an educational experience of the highest quality.
We value our young people and are proud of their many accomplishments. We offer our young people a stimulating and challenging learning and teaching environment and a host of opportunities to achieve in the widest sense.
Our Gaelic school motto is Neart Tre Eolas meaning “Strength through Knowledge”. We wish our young people to develop strength of conviction, strength of purpose and strength of self. We wish them to become knowledgeable about the world and knowledgeable in the world so that when they leave us they are ready to change the world!
A technical note issued to Head Teachers on the condition of EDC schools is available from the quick links below.
The new school charter, extracts from which appear at the top of this page, is available in full on the school information page!
Following the local outbreak of Norovirus we would advise all members of the school community to check the information on the Health Protection Scotland website at http://ow.ly/Z1V0k Pupils showing the norovirus symptoms should not attend school for 48hrs.
Information about the National Improvement Framework is now available from the quick links below!
Tweets From Douglas Academy
- RT @justintarte: What students remember most about their teachers... via @lori_gard cc @sylviaduckworth #education https://t.co/XlTMzYVnDZ
- RT @classicpenguins: 21 Books Every Woman Should Read In Her Lifetime: https://t.co/EX7wcZhEtP https://t.co/JCrEKBrf4C
- Off to Scotstoun for training: anyone else training tonight? https://t.co/oaan7r3UMy
- RT @scottishbktrust: The first draft is really only a beginning - Brian Hamill on the importance of rewriting: https://t.co/5wkhjrvt2Q. htt…
- RT @BooksAddictgirl: “I’m not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.”— A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
- RT @MarysMeals: Happy Independence Day to our friends in #Liberia, where we reach 135,976 children with a daily meal in school. https://t.c…
- RT @TEDTalks: Have six minutes to spare? Plenty of time to learn 40 Chinese characters: https://t.co/DQC1d5jg1c https://t.co/FeRWJczMWJ
- RT @IM_org: Still wondering whether to let your child download #PokemonGo -see our helpful tips for help https://t.co/et5cmvg8T3 https://t.…
- RT @urban_teacher: You don't build a top school..You build top teachers..... https://t.co/QNrXeUjM8s
- RT @apprentice_scot: Administration Supports Officer Modern #Apprenticeship Vacancy @RewardsTraining in #Glasgow. Apply by 17 August. https…
Click here for information on the Music School of Douglas Academy