Douglas Academy is a six year non-denominational, co-educational, comprehensive secondary school which serves the Milngavie, Craigton and Baldernock areas situated to the northwest of Glasgow. We are also a Centre of Excellence offering specialist provision in music for gifted young musicians. We aim to provide an educational experience of the highest quality.
We value our young people and are proud of their many accomplishments. We offer our young people a stimulating and challenging learning and teaching environment and a host of opportunities to achieve in the widest sense.
Our Gaelic school motto is Neart Tre Eolas meaning “Strength through Knowledge”. We wish our young people to develop strength of conviction, strength of purpose and strength of self. We wish them to become knowledgeable about the world and knowledgeable in the world so that when they leave us they are ready to change the world!
Unfortunately, our first match of the year in the Aspire Cup on Monday has been cancelled.
Friday is non-uniform day in aid of Mary's Meals: £3 tomorrow is worth £6 to us! http://ow.ly/UQNjo
MILNGAVIE & BEARSDEN HERALD
Education in Milngavie
At Douglas Academy this year, first year pupils have the opportunity to take part in a Local History Elective. This involves pupils learning about local history 1 period a week for a block of around 11 lessons. Pupils will be working closely with Milngavie Heritage Centre to research education in Milngavie culminating in Milngavie Heritage Centre’s exhibition in March 2016. Pupils are also working towards celebrating Douglas Academy’s 50th anniversary in 2017.
If you have any old photographs, ephemera or stories relating to education in Milngavie you would like to share with us, please contact: Mrs Shiona McConnachie: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0141 955 2365
Congratulations to Meera Kaiser, Isla Douglas and Morvern McCulloch who have qualified for the final of the Glasgow Rotary Public Speaking Competition.
Tweets From Douglas Academy
- RT @EDCouncil: Join Santa at the festive fayre this Friday, 27 November, 5pm-9pm at Mugdock Country Park. https://t.co/2qJnkk5J1Q https://t…
- RT @recantha: Win a FUZE Special Edition with Raspberry Pi with Linux User https://t.co/cR2RTRYLvK https://t.co/XI2YDcerQr
- RT @ucas_online: If you've already sent your #UCAS application, check what happens next in this handy flowchart https://t.co/A4EiLxvBf6
- RT @Raspberry_Pi: See that? That’s a Raspberry Pi on its way to the #ISS, that is. (We’re all a little bit overcome with awe.) https://t.c…
- RT @ucas_online: Join us in supporting fellow charity Unicef’s emergency education campaign #UCAN https://t.co/qEUfeAtvEv https://t.co/8EgK…
- RT @millanbrowne: Well done all boys who attended rugby after school session @DouglasAcad another great turn out! West of Scotland Rugby in…
- Good luck to Rosie and Aidan who take part in the first round of the ESU debating competition hosted at the school this evening.
- So is this one! And no robots! https://t.co/daKg3B5B6N
- This is a good book! Marvin is great! https://t.co/KgOnM2QSgF
- The DreamDo team looking forward to collecting stories at the Vintage Tea tomorrow afternoon. @DreamdoSchools https://t.co/JVM6PALrMV
Click here for information on the Music School of Douglas Academy