Douglas Academy is a six year non-denominational, co-educational, comprehensive secondary school which serves the Milngavie, Craigton and Baldernock areas situated to the northwest of Glasgow. We are also a Centre of Excellence offering specialist provision in music for gifted young musicians. We aim to provide an educational experience of the highest quality.
We value our young people and are proud of their many accomplishments. We offer our young people a stimulating and challenging learning and teaching environment and a host of opportunities to achieve in the widest sense.
Our Gaelic school motto is Neart Tre Eolas meaning “Strength through Knowledge”. We wish our young people to develop strength of conviction, strength of purpose and strength of self. We wish them to become knowledgeable about the world and knowledgeable in the world so that when they leave us they are ready to change the world!
The presentation from the S4/5 curriculum evening is now available from Quick Links on this page. And from this message....
Artist of the Month for January is Anna Shackley!
Our thoughts are with the pupils and staff of the French school party from Lyon who were involved in the avalanche in the Alps.
All Douglas Academy staff and pupils on the trip are fine.
A current list of some of the activities and opportunities available in the school is attached to this note. A good chance to follow up on those New Year resolutions!
Tweets From Douglas Academy
- It may be an inservice day but pupils turn up to present the school community work on the Rights Respecting School! https://t.co/t0mLxwhTu9
- RT @scottishbktrust: From 'Baba Yaga' to 'Jumper', teachers and librarians pick out their all-time favourite short stories: https://t.co/d2…
- RT @YoungScot: Did you know that your phone can be a useful study aid? Check out our tips > https://t.co/OXeB4uBxuX
- RT @SP_Economy: We're just about to hear from @CreativeScots @scotent and @HIEScotland on #creativeindustries in #Scotland
- RT @SP_RuralClimate: We start at 9.30 this morning in CR 2 with Stage 2 of the #landreformbill - follow us live on SPTV https://t.co/NWMxtD…
- RT @Check123H: One of the greatest art works of all time – Watch Van Gogh’s Bedroom in Arles! Video: https://t.co/EaTeF5eHqs #Art https://…
- RT @DigitalWorldHQ: Parents: with 11,000 new tech jobs each year, come & discover how your child could benefit https://t.co/kqusfr4sZw http…
- RT @DreamdoSchools: Can a curious computer improve student writing? https://t.co/5ymcnWFOYW #students #writing #edchat #edtech
- RT @ChessKidcom: Can your #chesskids tell you what "Pawn Structure" means? Pawn Structure - https://t.co/v5x9oQ9YQC's Word of the Day https…
- RT @Check123H: Humanity's first journey to the Moon – Meet the Apollo 8: https://t.co/1sdFxgRkMY #space https://t.co/QIuwUnDaVF
Click here for information on the Music School of Douglas Academy