Douglas Academy is a six year non-denominational, co-educational, comprehensive secondary school which serves the Milngavie, Craigton and Baldernock areas situated to the northwest of Glasgow. We are also a Centre of Excellence offering specialist provision in music for gifted young musicians. We aim to provide an educational experience of the highest quality.
We value our young people and are proud of their many accomplishments. We offer our young people a stimulating and challenging learning and teaching environment and a host of opportunities to achieve in the widest sense.
Our Gaelic school motto is Neart Tre Eolas meaning “Strength through Knowledge”. We wish our young people to develop strength of conviction, strength of purpose and strength of self. We wish them to become knowledgeable about the world and knowledgeable in the world so that when they leave us they are ready to change the world!
A technical note issued to Head Teachers on the condition of EDC schools is available from the quick links below.
The new school charter, extracts from which appear at the top of this page, is available in full on the school information page!
Following the local outbreak of Norovirus we would advise all members of the school community to check the information on the Health Protection Scotland website at http://ow.ly/Z1V0k Pupils showing the norovirus symptoms should not attend school for 48hrs.
Information about the National Improvement Framework is now available from the quick links below!
Tweets From Douglas Academy
- RT @Check123H: Who is the man behind The Great Gatsby? Video: https://t.co/KgjqmZMs7L #authors https://t.co/oX8FCTl8UG
- RT @justintarte: We say we want passionate kids but give them so much HW they have no time to figure out their passion. @pernilleripp https…
- RT @TEDTalks: "Unless we give kids tools to build with computers, we are raising only consumers instead of creators." https://t.co/rDnLutXh…
- RT @PoetrySociety: We want your poems! FREE to enter, great prizes, for 11-17 yr-olds. #competition https://t.co/BYvO8ywy1t https://t.co/Lg…
- RT @wef: The link between the number of books in your childhood home and your earnings https://t.co/zWS1h9FJQj #edchat https://t.co/boIsEgf…
- RT @TEDTalks: "Are we raising kids who don't know how to dream big dreams, whose biggest goal is getting the next A?" https://t.co/yVwYaaxm…
- RT @wef: Here is proof that economic wealth does not guarantee the best quality of life https://t.co/4fLacRhO51 @socprogress https://t.co/…
- RT @justintarte: Childhood...let's not take this time from our kids. ~ Powerful message via @raepica1 cc @BAMRadioNetwork #education https:…
- RT @justintarte: Ways to kill a school culture: Micromanage everyone & set a precedent that everyone needs permission before acting. #edcha…
- RT @EDCouncil: Funding to open hi-tech window on Antonine Wall is welcomed https://t.co/v9mSncbvcJ https://t.co/yHsnHlyQWl
Click here for information on the Music School of Douglas Academy