Douglas Academy is a six year non-denominational, co-educational, comprehensive secondary school which serves the Milngavie, Craigton and Baldernock areas situated to the northwest of Glasgow. We are also a Centre of Excellence offering specialist provision in music for gifted young musicians. We aim to provide an educational experience of the highest quality.
We value our young people and are proud of their many accomplishments. We offer our young people a stimulating and challenging learning and teaching environment and a host of opportunities to achieve in the widest sense.
Our Gaelic school motto is Neart Tre Eolas meaning “Strength through Knowledge”. We wish our young people to develop strength of conviction, strength of purpose and strength of self. We wish them to become knowledgeable about the world and knowledgeable in the world so that when they leave us they are ready to change the world!
For a few years now at Douglas Academy we have been celebrating European Day of Languages and this year was no exception.
A list of clubs and activities currently running in the school is attached! Venues and times for some events are still fluid: check noticeboards and assemblies for details!
At the beginning of this year, 3 students from Douglas Academy went on a 17 day trip to China. Read their story here.
Due to the absence of Mr Black (Head Teacher), we will be appointing an Acting Head Teacher to cover the school in his absence.
Tweets From Douglas Academy
- Congratulation to Paul, Adam and Lewis, 1st, 2nd and 3rd in DACC4! DACC5 coming this weekend! Sign up at https://t.co/IYwq0kzzS3
- RT @milngavie_fc: Players wanted for Futsal. Excellent for developing ? touch & skills. https://t.co/Ia4QTTP6p1
- RT @Kenhub_com: Fun anatomy coloring from "I Heart Guts". Grab your pencils! https://t.co/hPoUN92wXh #weloveanatomy #meded https://t.co/B…
- RT @TED_ED: This painting represents a modern perspective on economics, politics, and love... but how? https://t.co/jHHAJPxo2W https://t.c…
- RT @Kenhub_com: The answer is not "six-pack"! Name this muscle and at least one origin point. (Answer: https://t.co/UqjXEuE07N) https://t.c…
- RT @ScottishHockey: Train with Scotland U21 men! Another great chance to train with international hockey players. More info here: https://t…
- RT @NatGeo: This beautiful short film takes you into the hidden and historical corners of Venice, Italy https://t.co/9o542qMwHB
- RT @Milngavie21s: It's GG Cup duty 4 the 21s this w/end. We Look forward 2 the clash away 2 @SteinsAms 21s. Tough ask but we'll b up for it…
- RT @ucas_online: Know your 'firm' from your 'insurance' with our jargon buster video! https://t.co/M93iXm0Bae
Click here for information on the Music School of Douglas Academy