Douglas Academy is a six year non-denominational, co-educational, comprehensive secondary school which serves the Milngavie, Craigton and Baldernock areas situated to the northwest of Glasgow. We are also a Centre of Excellence offering specialist provision in music for gifted young musicians. We aim to provide an educational experience of the highest quality.
We value our young people and are proud of their many accomplishments. We offer our young people a stimulating and challenging learning and teaching environment and a host of opportunities to achieve in the widest sense.
Our Gaelic school motto is Neart Tre Eolas meaning “Strength through Knowledge”. We wish our young people to develop strength of conviction, strength of purpose and strength of self. We wish them to become knowledgeable about the world and knowledgeable in the world so that when they leave us they are ready to change the world!
Douglas Academy to compete in UK Final of Kids’ Lit. Quiz
To see why we are not wearing uniform today check out the report on our link school in Liberia on the News page!
Last chance for tickets to the dancing-est show in town!
Tweets From Douglas Academy
- Rehearsals for this morning's concert begin with a cup of coffee, and two groupies photobomb the selfie! https://t.co/nuPXhUloqt
- RT @SkiTrip2017: DAY 3: A chilly -11 degrees this morning and our skiers are all set for the first session of the day. @DouglasAcad https:/…
- St Joseph's PS hosts today's debating prep for The Thing: A possible Mars Base and "clean" sport are the main debate topics!
- Delighted to welcome back Laura and Sarah to the school today for a musical interlude!
- RT @royalsociety: For #handwritingday, here are some of our most important scientific manuscripts, diaries & memoirs in the archives https:…
- RT @gsc1: Get your head around space! Join our adult astronomy night class in March @GSCPlanetarium https://t.co/q0WsNcs2Xi ?? https://t.co/…
- RT @DigIt2017: #BurnsNight is just around the corner ?? Will you be celebrating on 25 January? https://t.co/lQ6fwhKxS1
- RT @openculture: Kurt Vonnegut Diagrams the Shape of All Stories in a Master’s Thesis Rejected by U. Chicago https://t.co/Dbl0OFkzrv https:…
- RT @openculture: What Does the World’s Oldest Surviving Piano Sound Like? Watch Pianist Give a Performance on a 1720 Cristofori Piano https…
Click here for information on the Music School of Douglas Academy